Berkmann Wine Cellars is proud to be the largest family owned and family-run wine importer in the UK. We have been selling premium wine since 1964 and our expertise has grown along with our award-winning portfolio. The wineries we represent are like us – progressive and fiercely independent – and we sell their delicious wines to our ever growing customer base which includes both the on and off trade.
Our Credit Control team performs at a high level and provides an excellent service to the business. We are now looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join the team, taking over management of a commercially diverse ledger of customers.
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong pro-active skills and will learn and develop from a professional, experienced and cohesive team in a friendly and development-focused environment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with customers in a clear, constructive and engaging manner, positively representing ‘Brand Berkmann’ to our customers
- Chase overdue debts by phone and email, maintaining an accurate, up to date record of this contact
- Ensure that Customer Credit Limits, Terms and commercial agreements are kept up to date and reviewed regularly
- Pro-actively investigate and resolve queries relating to non-payment of invoices
- Post the daily banking and allocations of payments on customer accounts correctly and in a timely manner
- Reconcile accounts on a customer’s behalf, including complex multi-site customers
- Work closely with a diverse range of internal colleagues on solving issues affecting credit control
- Efficiently process new account applications in accordance with company policies and procedures
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A real desire to learn and develop
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in Credit Control role is required
- Strong IT skills and a desire to learn about systems and tools; particularly Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully work independently, creatively and as part of a team
Working Pattern – This role is 37.5 hours per week. The department hours are 8am – 7pm Monday to Friday, and 2 hours on a Sunday (which is done on a rota basis every 4/5 weeks and you will be paid overtime at double rate). It is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
Work Location –Our London office is based in Clerkenwell and we are currently operating a hybrid working policy, 3 days from the office and 2 days working from home. The Sunday working hours will be working from home on a rota basis.
Please note that we review CV’s as they are received and this may result in the interview process commencing whilst the advert is still ‘live’.
OFFER – The appointed candidate will be given the below package:
- Competitive salary of £28,000 – £32,000 per annum dependent upon experience
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service & 27 days after 10 years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Contribution to Dental Costs
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Enrolment to company pension scheme following 3 months service
- Generous staff discount from our wine portfolio
- A bottle of wine on your birthday and Berkmann anniversary
- £500 referral scheme
HOW TO APPLY – This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please submit your CV to email@example.com We cannot consider applications from anyone who does not have the right to work in the UK, however, equal consideration will be given to all candidates, irrespective of their gender, race, disability, marital status, religion, age or sexuality.
No Agencies Please – We thank you for your interest in working with Berkmann Wine Cellars, however, we have our own internal HR and Recruitment team who support our recruiting needs. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV’s supplied to Berkmann Wine Cellars unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our HR Team. Thank you for your understanding in advance.
To fit our requirements you must be ambitious, confident, have a successful track record