Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge of wine and spirits with others?
Berkmann Wine Cellars is proud to be the largest family owned and family run wine importer in the UK. We are looking to appoint a creative and professional Wine and Spirit Educator to join our education team, Veraison, on a temporary basis. This position is critical to the future success of Berkmann Wine Cellars and our customers. The successful candidate will be based in our head office in London but must be willing to commute nationwide.
To find out more about our fantastic Veraison department, please click on the below link: http://www.veraison.education/
- Develop and deliver inspirational and engaging training sessions that place Veraison and Berkmann Wine Cellars at the forefront of the recipient’s mind.
- Assess customers to ensure that they are relevant to receive the training investment and advise them on which modules would be most suitable for their needs.
- Competently take records, data catch and do follow-ups with customers.
- Report back on a weekly basis to the Head of Education with an action plan.
- Monitor competitor training programmes to facilitate benchmarking.
- Apply creative thinking to new subjects of interest which may lead to the potential formation of new Veraison modules and methods of education so that Veraison remains at the vanguard of wine education to the on-trade.
- Make a difference. Champion and articulate Veraison both internally and externally, whilst constantly challenging the way we do business to ensure the increase of sales and gross profit.
- Re-energise and manage Veraison social media channels.
Skill & Knowledge Requirements:
- Appropriate wine qualifications: Minimum of WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits.
- Appropriate training qualifications: WSET Course Educator or be willing to work towards this qualification upon commencement of the role.
- U.K. drinks on-trade experience, both consumers facing and B2B sales.
- Hold a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel on a regular basis around the UK.
- A working knowledge of the trade.
- Experience of working closely with customers and with good contacts within key external organisations.
- A confident and engaging communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be required to breakdown intimidating concepts and make them more approachable.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Strong team player – You will be working within a small team of educators and must also develop good rapport and strong relationships with the wider business.
- Receive a competitive salary
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile phone
- Company pension
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service and 27 days after 10 years’ service) plus bank holidays.
- Become an integral part of our family business
This role is 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5.30pm), Monday to Friday. Please note that it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion. Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. We will not accept CVs sent from recruitment agencies.
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please click Apply Now or simply email your CV and/or cover letter to email@example.com.