We are more than just another wine supplier. We are proud to be the largest family owned and family run wine importer and we act as a valued partner to all of our customers. By combining national buying power with local knowledge, we deliver competitive prices and unrivalled service across every region of the UK, reaching all sectors of the On and Off Trade.
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a determined Sales Account Manager who will identify and seek out profitable sales opportunities within a designated account base. This role will be responsible for targeting new business which is operationally viable, sustainable and commercially rewarding. It is an ambassadorial position, representing Berkmann Wine Cellars and its agencies in the U.K. on- trade sector and will have responsibility for implementing marketing derived brand activity plans, including support activities.
- Achieve agreed sales budgets for volume, value and profit margin for every listing
- Add new profitable business without seriously compromising sales in other sectors
- Build business relationships between BWC and all management levels of the designated account base.
- Provide forecasting accuracy / feedback to aid logistics where necessary
- Develop a productive working relationship with Marketing, Logistics & other back office departments
- Manage pricing, promotional expenditure and profitability for all designated accounts
- Champion all discussions within BWC to ensure relationships between customer, producer & BWC are cordial and beneficial to all parties
- Manage & use customer data to ensure stock levels and sales are optimised
- Keep the Company one step ahead of the competition by feeding back brand and market intelligence
- Champion and articulate the Berkmann Wine Cellars image to all customers and producers
- Make a difference – Constantly challenge the way we do business to increase Sales and Gross Profit
- Experience in handling on trade customers
- A strong background in wine and educated to WSET 2
- Experience of selling luxury brands
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills, with the ability to convince at all levels
- Analytical and numerate with good attention to detail. For example, be able to demonstrate the ability to complete a detailed price proposal for a customer as well as interpret a Profit & Loss sheet and assimilate data quickly
- Ability to source, interpret and capitalise on market data or trends for maximum brand benefit
- A confident ‘brand ambassador’. Outgoing and personable, able to plan and manage tastings and handle after hour events
- Able and confident to work without supervision, but knows when to seek help from others
- Structured planning ability to handle a high workload without supervision
- Ability to see through a brand vision, and operate tactically
- Objective orientated, persistent, determined – “A winner”
- Hold a UK driving licence
The closing date for this post is 11 May 2018. Please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to interview prior to this date.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please click on the Apply Now button to submit your covering letter and CV. Should you require further information please contact Christina Benn, HR Recruitment and Administration Manager, on Christina.Benn@berkmann.co.uk or 07980 792 795.