Berkmann Wine Cellars are looking for a talented hands-on senior designer to join our busy in-house design team.
You will be working closely with the design manager and current designers, marketing and purchasing teams to ensure that the company’s image and values – and those of our wine/spirit agencies are translated into our design communications.
Your main responsibility will be creating fresh and highly creative design routes for the company’s own house wine and spirit labels. It is essential you have packaging design experience for this role. You will demonstrate an exceptionally high standard of conceptual thinking and balance your passion for design with a strategic mindset. Impressive design and typography skills are a pre-requisite.
As business needs dictate, you may be required to work with the design team on a variety of other projects including design for marketing campaigns, printed literature, POS, exhibition/event graphics and brand creation.
Our Ideal Candidate Must:
- Have an undergraduate degree in graphic design.
- Have a minimum of 4+ year’s agency experience. Packaging experience within the drinks/spirits industry would be advantageous.
- Be able to work in a corporate environment.
- Be highly organised and able to manage time well; handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrive under pressure and create quality work to tight deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date with trends and developments in the market.
- Have excellent communication skills, be approachable, a natural team player, bring energy and a positive attitude.
- Have a great understanding for branding, layout and typography and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Have a good grasp of artworking and the printing processes.
- Manage project deliverables from inception to completion.
- Work with and develop relationships with external suppliers including printers, photographers and illustrators.
- Focused on quality and craft – premiumisation and luxury is paramount, not only must you understand it, but live and breathe it.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing collateral.
- Be highly computer literate; have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Become an integral part of a family business.
- Receive a competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service and 27 days after 10 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
- Discount on our wine and spirits.
- Company MacBook Pro laptop and mobile phone.
- Flexibility to work 2-3 days a week from home.
- Company Pension.
This role is 37.5 hours per week (9am–5.30pm), Monday to Friday. But it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
Closing date for applications – Friday 31st January 2020.
Before being invited for interview, chosen candidates will be required to complete and present a design brief.
The application process is 3 parts:
- Part 1: Selected applicants will be invited to a phone interview.
- Part 2: Successful candidates passing part 1 will be invited to submit a design based on a specific brief.
- Part 3: Successful candidates passing parts 1 & 2 will be invited to a interview held at our Tockwith office.
We will not wait for the closing date to start the application process; we are very keen to fill this newly created role!
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion. Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. We will not accept CVs sent from recruitment agencies.
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please click Apply Now and send your CV, a short covering email along with 5 or 6 examples of work that we can review (preferably packaging). Should you require further information please contact Christina Benn, HR Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org.