Berkmann Wine Cellars are looking for a talented hands-on senior designer working in our Head Office in London N7.
You will be working closely with the design manager, marketing and purchasing teams to ensure that the company’s image and values – and those of our wine/spirit agencies are translated into our design communications. You will be working across a wide variety of projects, creating fresh and highly creative design routes for the company’s own house wine and spirit packaging, advertising, marketing campaigns, company presentations, printed literature, POS, exhibition/event graphics, digital and social media projects, wine training materials and brand creation.
You will have strong packaging design experience – preferably within the wine and spirits industry. You will demonstrate an exceptionally high standard of conceptual thinking and balance your passion for design with a strategic mindset. Impressive design and typography skills are a pre-requisite.
Our Ideal Candidate must:
- Have an undergraduate degree in graphic design.
- Have a minimum of 4+ year’s agency experience. Packaging experience within the drinks/spirits industry would be advantageous.
- Be able to work in a corporate environment.
- Be highly organised and able to manage time well; handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thrive under pressure and create quality work to tight deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date with trends and developments in the market.
- Have excellent communication skills, be approachable, a natural team player, bring energy and a positive attitude.
- Have a great understanding for branding, layout and typography and a meticulous attention to detail.
- Have a good grasp of art working and the printing processes.
- Manage project deliverables from inception to completion.
- Work with and develop relationships with external suppliers including printers, photographers and illustrators.
- Focused on quality and craft – premiumisation and luxury is paramount, not only must you understand it, but live and breathe it.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing collateral.
- Be highly computer literate; have an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
Offer – The appointed candidate will become an integral part of a family business, receive a competitive salary, company pension and 25 days annual leave rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service and 27 days after 10 years’ service).
Working Pattern – This role is 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5.30pm), Monday to Friday. But it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
Candidates selected for interview will be required to complete and present a design brief.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. Should you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2 weeks of your application please presume you have not been successful on this occasion.
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please click the Apply Now button to email your CV, a covering letter and a PDF portfolio of work bursting with interesting, innovative and inspiring work. The PDF document should be no more than 10mb in size. Should you require further information please contact Christina Benn, HR Manager, on email@example.com or 07980792795.