Berkmann Wine Cellars is looking for a creative Senior Designer to join our busy in-house design team, who understands the principles of brand-building and who will add inspiration and flair to all our visual marketing materials. We are a premium wine company and we are looking for a designer who can convey a premium feel to brand Berkmann!
Reporting to the Design Manager, you will work closely with marketing, purchasing and senior management and will be responsible for ensuring that the company’s values, and those of our wine / spirit agencies, are translated in to our design communications.
You could see your wine labels on restaurant tables or supermarket shelves; your branding artwork on full display at our annual portfolio tastings, and your inspirational marketing designs promoting our prestigious wine agencies or on our social media and website.
Amongst other things you must have:
- An undergraduate degree in graphic design
- A fantastic knowledge of digital design and the experience to create inspirational marketing
- The understanding of important of Branding and how to get the message across
- A strong focus on quality and craft
- A highly organised personality with the ability to manage various stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- A competitive salary
- Working for a private business rather than a design agency with a smaller chain of command and full recognition for your artwork
- 25 days annual leave rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service and 27 days after 10 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
- Discount on our amazing wines and spirits
- Company MacBook Pro laptop and mobile phone
- Flexibility to work 2-3 days a week from home
- Company Pension
This role is 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. But it is expected that the successful candidate will work the hours necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job.
This role can be based out of either of our London or Leeds offices, including a combination of working from home.
If this role sounds right for you then please click Apply Now to send your CV and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st May 2021.
Please note that should any suitable applications be received whilst the advert is live then individuals will be invited to join the selection process; it is possible that an offer may be made prior to the closing date.
Suitable candidates invited to the first stage will be given a detailed job description, employee specification and a design brief – this is an opportunity to showcase how your artwork translates to the wine industry and specifically Berkmann Wine Cellars.
The application process is 4 parts:
Part 1: Submit your CV and portfolio
Part 2: Selected successful applicants will be invited to a phone interview
Part 3: Successful candidates passing part 2 will be invited to submit a design based on a specific brief.
Part 4: If your design is aligned with us, you will be invited to an interview.
The opportunity to work for Berkmann is worth the effort, trust us on that!
This is an in-house managed process and CVs sent via recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Previous applicants need not apply.