Due to continued success we are now seeking a Customer Marketing Manager, National On-Trade to play a key role in ensuring proposed trade activity is relevant, delivers on brand growth aspirations whilst helping to identify sales opportunities. Working closely with the Regional Group (On Trade) and reporting into the Head of Marketing the Customer MarketingManager, National On-Trade will focus on 2 key areas. Firstly, the role will primarily be responsible for focussing on customer activations to build growth in key accounts and secondly it will work on pitching and constructing deals and activity that secure new business.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Overall the Customer Marketing Manager will be tasked with driving sales of key agency wines through strategic, innovative and creative consumer activity for trade customers whilst maintaining brand personality and values. In more detail the Customer Marketing Manager, National On Trade will:
- Lead and execute key customer annual trade marketing programmes
- Develop and deliver activation plans that can be implemented across the various customer outlets to drive budgeted volume & gross profit
- Build strong relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Develop and share necessary information so that annual plans and initiatives are prepared and delivered effectively, which in turn increases volumes
- Monitor key agency sales within the account base to ensure we are on track to achieve volume/value target, through effective monitoring and control and implementing corrective action when necessary
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues on new business proposals and tenders
- Through effective analysis provide insights and business intelligence to substantiate pitches. Interpreting the data to deliver creative marketing solutions that inspire the account and consumer
- Co-operate with the Brand Marketing team to create sales promotions and brand specific activity aligning channel strategies to brand strategies and ensuring that the key brand messages are effectively delivered to the consumer on time and within budget
- Assist Brand Managers on specific projects as required
- Support customer social media programmes with relevant content
We are looking to appoint someone who is a Customer Trade Marketing Manager / Trade Marketing Manager/ Marketing Manager / Sales Manager / Business Development Manager / Sales and Marketing Manager / Shopper Marketing Manager / Retail Marketing Manager / Brand Marketing Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Formal education qualifications are less important than a proven track record; however education to degree level is desirable
- WSET Level 2 or above is desirable
- U.K. drinks experience is desirable wine market off-trade / on-trade experience
- Strong sales or marketing experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication essential
- You must be highly computer literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point and Word)
- Keen attention to detail and strong organisational skills
Working Pattern – The role is Head Office based covering a 37.5-hour work week and includes some international travel, periodic weekend and evening work at tastings and consumer events.
Offer – This is a rare opportunity for a Customer Marketing Manager to become an integral part of a successful family run business. In return expect a competitive salary, discount on wine, exceptional training and support, 25 days holiday and much more.
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please click the Apply Now button to email your CV along with a covering letter. Should you require further information please contact Christina Benn, HR Manager, on email@example.com or 07980792795.