Are you a determined and passionate Sales Account Manager looking for your next challenge with a successful and growing premium wine supplier?
We are Berkmann Wine Cellars, proud to the be the largest family owned and family run wine importer in the UK. By combining international buying power with local knowledge, we deliver competitive prices and unrivalled service across every region of the UK, reaching all sectors of the On and Off Trade.
We are looking for a focused Sales Account Manager who will identify and seek out profitable sales opportunities within a designated account base within wider London, focusing on Central and West London. This role will be responsible for targeting the gastro pubs, premium groups and new trend outlets; bringing in new business, which is operationally viable, sustainable and commercially rewarding. It is an ambassadorial position, representing Berkmann Wine Cellars and our agencies in the U.K. on-trade sector and will have responsibility for implementing marketing derived brand activity plans, which includes supporting activities.
You will be a vital member of the Berkmann Family, living and breathing our company values and championing the Berkmann Wine Cellars image to all customers and producers.
This role is predominantly home and field-based, with full back-office support and a hot-desk facility in our head office in London.
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role within the wine industry. They will also be:
- Objective-orientated, determined and hungry to succeed in a competitive market – “A winner”
- Experienced in handling on trade customers
- A confident ‘brand ambassador’. Outgoing and personable, able to work without supervision whilst handling a high workload and have the ability to plan and manage tastings and after hour events
- Educated to WSET 2
- An excellent written and verbal and communicator, with the ability to persuade others
- Analytical and numerate with good attention to detail. For example, be able to demonstrate the ability to complete a detailed price proposal for a customer as well as interpret a Profit & Loss sheet and assimilate data quickly
- Focused with the ability to source, interpret and capitalise on market data or trends for maximum brand benefit
- Able to see through a brand vision, and operate tactically
- A competitive salary
- Contribution to company pension scheme
- Company laptop
- Company mobile phone
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 26 days after 5 years’ service and 27 days after 10 years’ service) plus bank holidays
- Become an integral part of our family business
- Join a diverse and dynamic team; our colleagues are from a range of backgrounds
- The opportunity to learn and develop; we regularly fund professional qualifications to develop our staff
Closing Date: 22nd March 2020. However, please note that should any suitable CVs be received whilst the advert is live then individuals may be invited to interview prior to this date.
Please note that we cannot consider your application if you do not satisfy the required knowledge and experience criteria detailed above. Due to the high volume of applications we are unable to provide feedback on your application should you not be invited for interview. If you have not heard from Berkmann Wine Cellars within 2-weeks of your application, please presume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please note we will not accept CVs sent from recruitment agencies.
This is a key role for our business, therefore if you are interested in applying for the vacancy please click the Apply Now button or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to send in your CV and a covering letter.