Green Mark Level 1 Accreditation
Berkmann Wine Cellars are delighted that we have received a Green Mark Level 1 accreditation!
Green Mark provides an internationally recognised environmental certification for companies that want to assure their clients and employees that they are conducting business to recognised environmental standards.
Through the online portal, we submitted information about the business, answered questions and provided supporting evidence, the answers were then reviewed by an auditor and we were awarded a Green Mark Level 1! Through the process Green Mark helped us create a framework to make sure we have the correct tools to monitor and reduce our emissions going forward, as well as communicating internally and externally how we are doing this.
After becoming certified Green Mark sent us a certificate, window stickers and some digital materials to share the news of our accreditation which we now proudly share and display throughout our business and to our clients.
Here are some of our environmental policies:
- To reduce energy and water use where possible.
- To have a paper-free policy.
- To have e-meetings where possible to reduce travel emissions.
- To consider the sustainability credentials of our suppliers and partners.
- To increase our levels of recycling.
For any other organisations considering environmental accreditation, these are some reasons why we would recommend it:
- Sustainable practices such as saving energy, reducing water use, using less materials and creating less waste can save more money than you think.
- Environmental credentials attract clients and increases the likelihood of others wanting to work with you!
- It is possible to run a profitable business without compromising on social and environmental responsibilities.
- Business can be a force for good in the world when maximising profit is not the only goal.
To find out more about Green Mark head to greenmark.co.uk!